Location: Pennsylvania, United States.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, the Director, Total Rewards will be responsible for strategically planning, developing, maintaining and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures for the Global compensation and rewards programs. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the companys compensation and rewards programs are consistently administered in compliance with the companys policies and government regulations.
- Globally analyze the companys compensation policies in relation to similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure equity.
- Support the Companys Executive compensation process by conducting research and trends and preparing any modifications to the framework. Assist with the preparation of the annual Management Information Circular (MIC) compensation section.
- Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate market pricing and conduct such analysis to ensure comparable to the market.
- Establish salary structures and prepare policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy and operational imperatives.
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing compensation, benefits and rewards policies, guidelines and procedures; and recommend plan revisions which are both cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Create and analyze compensation reports and trends for Senior Management globally.
- Oversee the benefit policies and programs in the Corporate office by ensuring they are both effective and aligned with the market. Oversee the Companys Employee - Wellness program and policy framework and work with the HR business partners in implementing the initiatives.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- This position requires a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related area with eight (14) to ten (18) years of compensation experience and Executive compensation in a Global industry, preferably mining or national resources.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, global incentives and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for compensation, rewards and benefits.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to draft communications, presentations.
- Ability to present to all levels of employees.
- Strong research and analytical skills with regards to market value and compensation.
- Strong relationship building and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and deliver effectively on ad hoc requests.