Location: Sydney, Australia
The Director Human Resources (HR) Australia and New Zealand is responsible for implementing HR policies and programs and managing all aspects of employee relations and development. The Director HR ensures HR compliance and serves as a trusted resource and partner in talent acquisition, learning & development, employee relations, total rewards, HR data administration and other Centers of Expertise (COEs), including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), Legal and Compliance & Ethics. As part of the ANZ and global HR Team the Director HR maintains strategic partnership with business leaders to ensure that Human Resources programs fully support business goals and objectives.
- Acting as consultative and strategic business partner, work closely with business leaders to design highly effective HR programs, to support the business needs.
- Ensure HR operations, EH&S and talent management policies and practices adhere to applicable laws and regulations as well as the values and mission of the organization.
- Recruit, develop, inspire, and coach managers
- Ensure key positions are staffed with high quality talent with potential for long term growth.
- Develop and support motivation and retention programs with a focus on continuous improvement and support of positive employer/employee relationships and high morale.
- Work with the leadership team to develop a continuum of professional growth and career paths to support the cultivation of talent.
- Direct oversight over the implementation and administration of any HR related software systems.
- Steward HR related data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with the Compensation and Benefits team to facilitate roll out of global programs, structures and policies while ensuring that local knowledge is leveraged
- Understand and articulate key employee relations issues and employment law within Australia and New Zealand. Recommend actions/changes required to meet business results and strategies.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- Masters Degree is desirable
- M&A and integration expertise is required; experience in HR due diligence and integration will be of high value
- Significant demonstrated experience in a mid to senior level HR position is required
- Proven experience building and transforming an organization and culture; Strong advocate and leader of change
- Sound understanding of the application of local employment laws and government requirements in ANZ is required
- Experience working within a global Australia based organization is preferred
- Ability to travel is required
We welcome applications from anybody who considers they match the requirements of the post, irrespective of gender, race or disability.